- Demorest RA, Washington RL, Council on SportsMedicine and Fitness. Athletic Participation by Children and Adolescents WhoHave Systemic Hypertension. Pediatrics.2010;125(6):1287–94.
- Rice SG, American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness. Medical Conditions Affecting Sports Participation. Pediatrics. 2008;121(4):841–48.
- Conley KM, Bolin DJ, Carek PJ, et al. NATA PositionStatement: Preparticipation Physical Examinations and Disqualifying Conditions.J Athl Train. 2014;49(1):102–20.
- Patel DR, Greydanus DE. Sport Participation by Physically and Cognitively Challenged Young Athletes. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2010;57(3):795–817.
- Maron BJ, Friedman RA, Kligfield P, et al.Assessment of the 12-Lead ECG as a Screening Test for Detection ofCardiovascular Disease in Healthy General Populations of Young People (12-25Years of Age): A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association andthe American College of Cardiology. Circulation.2014;130(15):1303–34.
- Baggish AL. Cardiovascular Screening in CollegeAthletes With and Without Electrocardiography: A Cross-Sectional Study. Ann Intern Med. 2010;152(5):269.
- Wheeler, MT. Cost-Effectiveness of Preparticipation Screening for Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes. Ann Intern Med. 2010;152(5):276.