Exercise for Prevention and Treatment of Disease
- Garber CW, Blissmer B, Deschenes MR, et al. ACSM Position Stand. Quantity and Quality of Exercise for Developing and Maintaining Cardiorespiratory, Musculoskeletal, and Neuromotor Fitness in Apparently Healthy Adults: Guidance for Prescribing Exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011;43(7):1334–59.
- Akuthota V, Ferreiro A, Moore T, et al. Core Stability Exercise Principles. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2008;7(1):39–44.
- Kujala UM. Evidence on the Effects of Exercise Therapy in the Treatment of Chronic Disease. BJSM. 2009;43(8):550–55.
- Donnelly JE, Blair SN, Jakicic JM, et al. ACSM Position Stand. Appropriate Physical Activity Intervention Strategies for Weight Loss and Prevention of Weight Regain for Adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009;41(2):459–71.
- Williams MA, Haskell WL, Ades PA, et al. Resistance Exercise in Individuals With and Without Cardiovascular Disease: 2007 Update. Circulation. 2007;116(5):572–84.
- Westcott WL. Resistance Training Is Medicine: Effects of Strength Training on Health. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2012;11(4):209–16.
- Willis BL, Gao A, Leonard D, et al. Midlife Fitness and the Development of Chronic Conditions in Later Life. Arch Intern Med. 2012;172(17):1333.